9.21.2010

david chang: the rising chef

I love hearing people's personal stories. A good underdog, came-out-of-nowhere-to-success story inspires me to conquer the world -- or at least imagine that I can.

That said, I have such a chef crush on David Chang.

David Chang
Photo © Gabriele Stabile

For those who don't know, he's the rock star chef out of New York whose risk-taking in the kitchen and in life has landed him as an unlikely restauranter. He has always called himself the worst cook in many of his culinary circumstances, but his daring spirit to start the unconventional noodle bar, Momofuku, paid off and then some. Now he has a handful of restaurants under his watch, a cookbook (which is a really good read, by the way), "rising star" and "best new chef" awards, and his pork buns still bring all the boys (and girls) to the yard.

Here he talks about the difference between a great chef and a great cook.








Like I said, I love a good underdog story. And if it involves great food, even better.

~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...