9.28.2010

finish something... anything

So who here has trouble finishing what they start? Show of hands. Okay, maybe it's just me then.

I can't tell you all of the ideas I've penned only to abandon them a few months later. I had so many beginnings of novels that I could make a book out of all my false starts.

But I'm happy to say that after years of half attempts at a real literary contribution, I've finally finished something. My book of essays is complete... or at least complete enough to call it a first draft.

Surprisingly enough, it's not about food. I do more than eat, you know. And that's for another book any way. This is my more cerebral side. Streams of consciousness. Spiritual, even.

Of course now begins the editing-beyond-recognition phase, but point is, I finished something.

And my roommate made apple pie. It may be after midnight, but I'm gonna call this day a win.



~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...