9.20.2010

why the good journal?

Why the good journal?

A few years ago I was foolishly trying to lose weight. Not that I was fat, or at least in hindsight I don't think I was. I was just on yet another kick to reshape my life. I do that a lot.

Any how, most of the diet gurus suggest that you keep a food journal. Write down everything you eat, so you can read it and shame yourself at the end of the day. I tried it, and my speedy fingers saved the document with an interesting typo in the title. Instead of "the food journal", I typed "the good journal". It's haunted me ever since.

So why a blog?

Well, who doesn't need a little more goodness in their life. I do. I'm a 30-something writer who, like most brooding artists, spent way too many years suffering through my own homemade, oftentimes imaginary lamentations. I want to be happy. I want to celebrate the good stuff in my life that goes unnoticed and underappreciated: books that change your life, food that makes you sigh, music that makes you sing and everything in between. Everyday I want to ask, "What's good?" and find an answer.

I hope you enjoy the journey.

~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...