10.14.2010

breakfast... quickly now: the bacon and eggs edition

I'm hurtin' this morning, because I had to fly out of the house without breakfast. These cooler autumn mornings make me want to curl up in my bed just a few more minutes. And sometimes that's at the expense of the most important meal of the day.

I always miss breakfast, if I haven't had it. People who don't eat breakfast are weird to me.

To balance both my love of sleep and food, I've been weaving cooking into the morning routine.

As you probably noticed in my last bacon post, I like to cook bacon in the oven. To me, it cooks more evenly and helps distribute that divine scent throughout the house. I use a glass pan to prevent burning.

So I set the oven to a low temp, like 350 or 375 degrees and pop a few strips in. Bacon getting those crisp edges and juicy middle usually takes about 10 to 15 mins, long enough for me to hop in the shower, pick out my 'fro and find whatever fashion-forward combo of t-shirt and jeans that is clean.

Back in the kitchen, I use a pat of butter and melt it in a skillet. I whisk in one egg and let it fry undisturbed for a minute or two. Take two warm tortillas, split the fried egg between the two and lay strips of bacon on them. After a drizzle of hot sauce (I love the Tapitio), I have breakfast on the run.

On a good day, I wrap it in foil and hit the road. Yesterday, I ate it while walking around the house looking for my wallet. Either way, it's hot, it's easy and it's way better than cold cereal.



~jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good, Jenn! Let's plan a potluck, soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...