10.20.2010

eat pray love's elizabeth gilbert on creativity

I'm a food nerd, I'll admit it. But I come by it honestly because I'm also a nerd nerd. Especially now that I'm five years out of graduate school and have regained my love of reading for pleasure, I love to learn. I enjoy lectures on topics of interest like food, art, film, and books. If more authors came to my small beach town, I'd go to readings. Big-time nerd. That's me. Out and proud.

So, I love Ted Talks and Google Talks and all kinds of lectures you can find on YouTube. I put them on, minimize the screen, and listen to them while I go about my day. And it's not just artsy stuff. These two forums welcome scientists, politicians, newsmakers, etc. There is something for everyone.

If you're not diving into these "conversations", you're missing out on valuable information. So yeah, I'm gonna subject you to them on occasion, because they're good. All kinds of noteworthy authors, filmmakers, and chefs come to these venues, talk about their books and give amazing advice. It's everything college should have been.

So today, I'm sharing with you a classic and a favorite of mine. Non-food related, but it is a brilliant talk on creativity from Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert. This is especially pertinent for writers, but I think any artist, culinary or otherwise, can find inspiration here.



~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...