11.06.2010

dinner with friends

The Good Journal: Beef Tenderloin and Roasted Vegetables

My friends come over. I love to cook for them. It happens often, and it's a true joy in my life. I love to see people relaxed and happy, and there's nothing like the happiness that comes from a casual, home-cooked meal. Simple as that.

Once a month, though, I do a more formal dinner party. I invite different people over every time. The menu is a more complex, and we eat at the dinner table like actual grown-ups. Last night was such a night.

Beef tenderloin with roasted shallots. Roasted vegetables. Feta cheese mashed potatoes.


The Good Journal: Beef Tenderloin, Roasted Vegetables and Feta Cheese Mashed Potatoes

My friends were so kind while I took a few hurried pictures.

The Good Journal: Dinner Party

As always, we had great conversation and good laughs. They dug right in, which is always fun to watch as a cook.

The Good Journal: Dinner Party

I must admit, one of my favorite moments came when the party was over. My roommate did the dishes and raved about the sauce I made for the beef tenderloin. She sat down at the empty kitchen table, sopped up the lingering sauce from the serving platter with a few pieces of bread, and told me how it reminded her of growing up in France.

Isn't that why we do this? For that moment when we feel like a kid again... and the world is simple and tasty?

~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...