11.22.2010

out with the old, in with the new shoes

Saturday marked the official retirement of my Nike Air running shoes. I bought them three years ago in Chesapeake. They've run throughout the neighborhoods of Hampton Roads and northern Virginia. They endured a year long membership at Gold's Gym and witnessed me being hit on by a handful of handsome military men. They were there when I fell on a trail in Annapolis, resulting in leg scars I may have for life. They've done two official 5Ks, one half marathon and countless miles of training. I kept them far longer than I should have. Saturday's run was purely for sentimental value.

The Good Journal: Old Shoe

Meet my new shoes. Brooks Ghost 3 Women's Running shoes. I tried several pairs and after lightly jogging around the shoe store in these, something about them made me want to run.

The Good Journal: New Shoe

Marine Corp Marathon 2011.. I'm comin' for ya.

~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...