12.13.2010

what's good: glorious dippable bread

My friends are my culinary inspirations. It's through these beautiful people that I learned the ways of sushi, gluten-free and that the chimichunga is not real Mexican food.

From my dear friend Kellie, I was introduced many years ago to glorious, dippable bread. She was the first person I ever saw make a meal out of artisan bread and olive oil. Ever since, I've been hooked.

It sounds overly simple. It is and it's delicious. I have all kinds of combinations. A French baguette. Rosemary loaf. Italian round. I experiment with the oils. Garlic olive oil. Olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I've branched out and started making my own marinara. Below is roasted pepper tomato sauce.




It's a good idea. So if you're thinking about a snack or a light supper, go basic tonight. It's the right thing to do.

~jennifer.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...