12.18.2010

what's good: potato bacon soup

Your winter just got warmer.



When you have a surplus of potatoes, bacon and a spare Saturday afternoon, I implore you to make this soup. It's hearty, it's rich, and it lends itself to well to improvising.

Thick and Creamy Potato Bacon Soup from Cooking by the Seat of My Pants.


I changed up my version somewhat and it was still wonderful. I used turkey broth instead of chicken (mostly because I ran out of chicken), and I also added mushrooms in addition to the bacon. Flavorful!

I dove right into my first bowl, thinking I'd have seconds, and wound up needing a nap. It's serious soup, folks.



Here's the recipe. Trust me. You're gonna need a bigger spoon.

~jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I'm determined to learn some good soups for winter, and this is definitely on my list. I love reading your blog, by the way!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...