1.24.2011

the evolution of eating well 2.0

I'm eating a salad.

I know, I can't believe it either. See, I even have proof.



I know exactly how this all began. My old job didn't really have a dress code -- at least, not one that was enforced. As much as a dream as that sounds like, for me, it lead to fashion impotence. Near the end, I was wearing hoodies, jeans and sneakers.

Any how, as of this week, I'm back in business casual, and my business casual clothes are a might bit snug. Far more so than they were a year or so ago.

I blame no one but myself.

I haven't run longer than six miles since Thanksgiving. In December, my job was unnaturally stressful. And to boot, there was a surplus of cakes and candy orbiting my atmosphere.

I am by no means fat and strongly abhor counting calories and numbers on the scale. It just became clear to me that perhaps the next step in my evolution is to take my cooking to healthier heights.

Hence the salad.

But I make it worthy of me.

I sauteed some shrimp in olive oil and some random Italian Seasoning. I took big handfuls of mixed greens and tossed them in more olive oil, a few dashes of balsamic vinegar, season salt, cracked black pepper and a squeeze of a lemon. Add shrimp and tah-dah. And it was delicious.

So far, I like eating well.

~jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Just say no to counting calories! Numerical and addition should never go hand in hand with the pleasure of eating food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...