1.03.2011

running with the weather

Running outdoors has turned me into a weather girl.

I used to never pay attention to the weather. If you're not an outdoors person and it takes two feet of snow for work to close, what temperature it is outside matters little.

But now, I run. I canceled my gym membership and took to the streets for my fitness, which means mother nature and I need to get to know each other a little better.

I haven't had a really good run probably since my half marathon. The temperatures took an unusual nose-dive here and got as low as 19 degrees some mornings. I learned the hard way that you don't get as much oxygen in the winter as you do in the summer. Thus, running becomes more difficult. I've had a few miles here or there, but nothing good since my Thanksgiving six-miler.


I was all geared up for a run this past weekend. I heard we'd have nice, almost balmy 60 degree weather.

This is what I got.



Rain, rain, go away
Come again another day


I'm gonna keep my eye on Accuweather from here on out. And in case you live in the Virginia Beach area, we're expecting ice next weekend.

~jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...