3.04.2011

what's good: indian-style home-fries



I was inspired to use my Indian spices after an evening of cooking spicy appetizers with my friend and culinary genius, Mark.

I grabbed my Flavor Bible to check some good flavor combinations.



I had turmeric, garlic salt, cumin and black cracked pepper. That would do.

I peeled, shopped and shocked my potatoes (boiled for 10 minutes, iced for 10 minutes). I heated some allspice and sunflower oil (it's the closest I had to canola) and combined some flour with my spices. Tossed the potatoes in the flour and fried them in the pan.



They fried easily and quickly, turning a curry yellow. Crunchy on the outside, warm and soft on the inside and spicy all around.



~jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Glad to see you working the tiny kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...