1.01.2014

what's good: cooking again



I've been cooking lately.

That shouldn't be shocking. This used to be a food blog. I was quite savvy in the kitchen, but as previously mentioned, I've let other aspects of life get in between me and my apron.

However, blame it on a winter break from school, and the lack of research to conduct prompts my brain to seek out things to work on. Or I'm just hungry. Or nesting. Or all of the above.

Any how, yesterday it was a shrimp and sausage rice concoction adapted from Real Simple, along with my sister-in-law's beer and cheese bread. This morning, it was the coffee cake recipe on the box of a Jiffy blueberry muffin mix.

The coffee cake looked a little lumpy, but oh my, was it delicious. Soft and moist. Light and fluffy. The perfect New Years morning breakfast.



The kitchen is definitely re-opening.

~jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. The thought of you rocking your kitchen skills makes me happy, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...